1 Select an object.
2 Click Arrange > Transformations > Project.
3 In the Transformations docker, choose Project from the list box.
4 Enable one of the following options:
• Top — projects the object onto the top plane
• Front — projects the object onto the front plane
• Right — projects the object onto the right plane
5 To specify on origin point on the drawing around which to project the selected object, do one of the following:
• Enable the first option under the Origin area, and type coordinates in the X and Y boxes.
• Enable the first option under the Origin area, click the Specify origin-point button © next to the X and Y boxes, and click a point on the drawing.
• Enable the second option under the Origin area, and enable the point relative to the selected object's bounding box.
6 If you want to leave the original object unchanged and apply the transformation to a copy, type 1 in the Copies box.
Applying a contour to a projected object may not produce the desired results. It is recommended that you apply a contour to the object in its unprojected state and then project the object. Contour groups can be unlinked by clicking Arrange > Break contour group apart.
Was this article helpful?