This procedure explains how to access different on-screen Color Palettes. For information on changing individual colors, see "Customizing Color Palettes" on page 320. Spot colors in the on-screen Color Palette are marked by a dot in the bottom left corner of the color swatch.
To access an On-Screen Color Palette
• Click Window, Color Palettes, click on the on-screen Color Palette you want to display.
To open an On-Screen Color Palette
1 Click Window, Color Palettes, click Color Palette Browser.
2 To open a palette enable the check box beside the palette(s) in the Color Palette Browser Docker Window.
To open an On-Screen Color Palette that is not in the Color Palettes Browser Docker Window
1 Do one of the following:
• Click Window, Color Palette, and click Color Palette Browser Docker Window.
• Click Window, Color Palette, and Open Palette.
2 Click Open at the bottom of the Color Palettes Browser Docker Window.
3 Select the Palette you wish to open.
To close an On-Screen Color Palette
• Disable the check box beside the palette in the Color Palettes Browser Docker Window.
• Right-click the on-screen Color Palette's title bar to hide it.
• Any docked on-screen Color Palette can be identified by placing the cursor over a color swatch and its name will appear beneath in a tip box. Floating on-screen Color Palettes display their name in their Title Bar.
The Default on-screen Color Palette is the color palette that you will see in any of the drop down color pickers. You can select any Color Palette to be the Default on-screen Color Palette.
To choose a different default On-Screen Color Palette
• Right-click, hold and release on a color swatch of the on-screen Color Palette you want as your default on-screen Color Palette, and click Set As Default Palette.
Was this article helpful?