You can create your own pattern from scratch. New patterns are added to the end of the list of preset patterns.
To create a two-color pattern fill
K I Select the object with the Pick tool.
1 Open the Fill Tool flyout, and click Pattern Fill Dialog.
3 Enable the 2-color button.
4 Click the Create button.
5 To set the resolution of a pattern, enable one of the following Bitmap Size buttons:
• 16 X 16 — changes the resolution of the Edit Grid to 16 x 16 squares
• 32 X 32 — changes the resolution of the Edit Grid to 32 x 32 squares
• 64 X 64 — changes the resolution of the Edit Grid to 64 x 64 squares
6 To determine how many squares in the drawing area are filled when you click with the mouse, enable one of the following buttons:
• 1X1 — changes the pen size to a 1-grid square
• 8X8 — changes the pen size to an 8 x 8 square
7 To create a pattern, do one or both of the following:
• Click with the left mouse button over the grid to fill squares.
• Click with the right mouse button over the grid to erase squares.
Was this article helpful?