You can customize the Thesaurus look-up options to specify what types of alternative words appear when you look up a word.
To customize Thesaurus look-up options
1 Click Text, Writing Tools, Thesaurus.
2 Click the Options button.
3 Enable any of the following options:
• Synonyms — looks up words with the same meaning
• Related Words — looks up words with a similar meaning
• Antonyms — looks up words with opposite meanings
• Words For One Definition — displays words for one definition of a word at a time
A check mark appears beside enabled options.
4 Select a word or type a word in the Replace With box.
5 Click the Look Up button.
• You can also look up a word by double-clicking it in the Thesaurus dialog box.
Was this article helpful?