You can use Type Assist to replace text and punctuation marks and change letter case automatically. You can also undo a Type Assist correction.
To customize Type Assist
1 Click Text, Writing Tools, Type Assist.
2 Enable any of the following check boxes:
• Capitalize First Letter Of Sentences
• Change Straight Quotes To Typographic Quotes
• Correct Two Initial, Consecutive Capitals
• Capitalize Names of Days
• Replace Text While Typing, and type the text in the Replace box. Type the replacement text in the With box, and click the Add button
• The Correct Two Initial, Consecutive Capitals option doesn't make a change when a capital letter is followed by a space or period, or if a word contains other capital letters.
• You can change the text case instead of enabling the Capitalize First Letter Of Sentences check box to change selected text to sentence case. For more information, see "Changing text case" on page 356.
To undo a Type Assist correction
Was this article helpful?