1 Select the object with the Pick tool.
2 Open the Interactive Tools flyout, and click the Interactive Contour tool.
3 Drag the start handle towards the center of the object.
The distance you drag the start handle determines the contour's final step.
4 Move the slider to change the number of contour steps.
• The slider may disappear if there isn't much distance between the concentric shapes. You can use the Zoom tool to magnify the contoured object and make adjustments.
• By pressing ESC when you're dragging the Interactive Contour tool, you return the object to its state prior to dragging.
• You can type a value in the Contour Steps box on the Property Bar to change the number of concentric lines in a contour.
• You can type in the Contour Offset box on the Property Bar to change the distance between concentric lines.
• You can change a contour to an inside contour by selecting the contour and clicking the Inside button on the Property Bar.
Was this article helpful?