1 Create a drawing in CorelDRAW that contains at least one text object.
When performing a print merge, keep the following in mind:
• Each text object to be replaced must be unique.
• Text must be Artistic text, not Paragraph text.
• Allow enough space for the substitute text. For instance, "Name" does not take up much room, but, when "San Francisco" is substituted, more space is required.
• The substituted text takes on the same attributes (typeface, point size, spacing, etc.) and alignment (left, right, center) as the original text.
• Any transformations applied to the original text (except Blend, Extrude, and Fit To Path) are applied to the substituted text.
• The text in each text object in the drawing must be identical to the corresponding text in the .TXT file. This includes capital letters, spaces, line breaks, blank lines.
Was this article helpful?