To embed graphic objects in text
1 Select the graphic object with the Pick tool.
2 Hold down the right mouse button, and drag the graphic object to its desired location in the text.
The cursor changes to an insert in text cursor.
3 Click one of the following:
• Move Into Text — to move the graphic object from the Drawing Window into the frame
• Copy Into Text — to copy the graphic object into the frame
• You must save the file as a version 8 or 9 file to preserve the graphic object in text.
• You can apply special effects to the graphic object (for example, envelope, blend, and distortion) before you embed it in text.
• You can also drag an embedded graphic from one frame to another. For more information, see "Editing by dragging in the Drawing Window" on page 348.
To remove an embedded object from the Paragraph text frame
1 Select the object from the text using the Text tool.
2 Hold down the right mouse button, and drag the graphic object to the Drawing Window.
3 Click Move Here.
• You can also copy the object to the Drawing Window by clicking Copy Here.
Was this article helpful?