1 Select a layer or group.
2 Choose Effects menu > Objects > Create Drop Shadow.
3 In the Drop Shadow dialog box, type values in the following boxes:
• X-Offset and Y-Offset specify the distance, in pixels, from the center of the layer image to the shadow.
• Opacity specifies the degree to which the shadow covers underlying images. Setting Opacity to 100% obscures underlying images; lower values create a more transparent shadow.
• Radius specifies the amount of blur at the edge of the shadow. The radius is half the distance across the blurred region. If you set Radius to zero, you create a sharp-edged shadow.
• Angle specifies the direction of the blur.
• Thinness specifies the amount of blur applied perpendicular to the Angle. If a blur shows streaks, increase Thinness to soften it.
If you want to merge the drop shadow layer with the image layer, enable the Collapse to One Layer check box.
Was this article helpful?